Component 2: Community Development, Marketing, and Fundraising
Submitted by amanda on Sat, 2010-10-30 13:26
Because K4All will be a collaborative project that depends on the support and work of thousands of institutions and individuals, it will be necessary to have a community of supporters and contributors in place by the end of the Planning and Development Phase. Following the 6-month Planning component, and concurrent with System Development, the 6-month Community Development, Marketing, and Fundraising component will focus on marketing, fundraising and developing the K4All community of contributors with the goal of obtaining all necessary resources to proceed to the next stage of the K4All project, as well as additional resources needed for System Development. A part-time Community Development, Marketing, and Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for this component.
- Carry out the activities identified in the community development and marketing plan, which will be completed during the Planning component, and other community development and marketing activities as appropriate.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Recruit sufficient contributors for all roles.
- Obtain required monetary and other resources for K4All operations and additional development.
- Coordinate the promotion and marketing efforts of other K4All contributors, including board members and existing supporters and contributors.
- Assist with recruitment of members of the Board of Directors and committees, based on recommendations made in Planning component.
- Compose values and mission statement in cooperation with Board of Directors and members.