Submitted by amanda on Sat, 2010-10-30 13:33
Although planning the K4All project is officially only about to begin, operations are already underway and some resources will need to be dedicated to maintaining operations and administration during the Planning and Development Phase. These tasks will be the responsibility of the Project Manager.
Development and maintenance of the K4All website
The K4All website will be the project's primary tool for promotion and communication. While focused development of the website as a promotion and communication tool will be undertaken during the Community Development, Marketing, and Fundraising component, some ongoing development and maintenance of the website will be required throughout the Planning and Development Phase.
- Add new content to the website on a regular basis, such as posting news and announcements, updating the list of contributors, and adding new projects and other resources to the Resources page.
- Moderate the discussion forums.
- Carry out other website development tasks as needed.
Management of existing community
It will be important to maintain regular communication with the existing community of K4All supporters in order to maintain their interest and keep them informed of project developments.
- Send e-mail updates to the existing community of K4All supporters as needed.
- Assign tasks to contributors when possible and supervise the completion of those tasks.
- Maintain a database of supporters and contributors, including their contact information, type of interest in the project, and other relevant information.
- Follow up on messages from new supporters.
Bookkeeping and administration
- Record project revenue, expenses, and other relevant financial information.
- Pay invoices.
- Manage bank account.
- Write contracts for project contractors.
- Manage paper and electronic records.
A Board of Directors and Committees will play an important advisory role during the Planning and Development Phase and they will be appointed as needed throughout the first year. As part of ongoing operations, the Project Manager will:
- Assemble the Board of Directors.
- Assemble members of committees, which could include a Management Committee, Technical Committee, and Fundraising Committee.
- Manage communication with and among the Board of Directors and committees.