- Strategic Plan
Legal documents needed
Submitted by amanda on Mon, 2011-03-21 13:00
Based on a review of publicly available legal documents for similar projects and ongoin analsysis of the Knowledge for All project, it is recommended that Knowledge for All compose the following legal documents.
- User of content on site
- Copyright status of content contributed by users
- Use of software
- Copyright status of "look and feel" of database
- Acceptable use of site, including unlawful uses
- How copyright violations will be dealt with
- Disclaimer of liability
- Content standards
- Termination of account
- Deletion of content
- Viruses and hacking
- Links to other sites
A working document that addresses the first two items has already been created.
- Information about users collected by Knowledge for All
- Where information about users is stored
- How information about users is used
- Disclosure of information
- Deleting account
- User's right to access information about themselves
There should also be a FAQ on the website that summarizes many of the above legal information in plain language.